So Long, Farewell

So+Long%2C+Farewell+

It is the end of an era for Freedom Patriots. Mrs. Owens, who has been AP of Curriculum at Freedom since its second year open, is retiring. “I’ve been working for a long time, everyone has their day. It’s time to move on” Mrs. Owens said when asked why she was retiring.

She’s been working in the school system for over 30 years. She looks back on her years with a smile, “I’ve seen a lot of things, seen things evolve, and watched lots of cycles start and end” she said.

The students, staff, and teachers at Freedom all wish her the best and have stated that they are going to miss her terribly. Mrs. Owens has done a lot for Freedom over the years, whether looking out for students, helping teachers, and/or working with the staff. She will be a forever member of the Patriot Pack. In her opinion, her greatest accomplishments at Freedom are the Literary Festival, Club Café Freedom, and getting the chance to work with such a talented group of teachers.

“I’ve absolutely loved my time at Freedom. I’ll miss the student body, teachers, and staff very much “she stated.

Though no one  can quite fill Mrs. Owens shoes, we’re happy to welcome Mr. Smith to the Freedom family, he will be taking over Mrs. Owens’ position starting November third.

We’re sad to see Mrs. Owens go and never thought this day would come. She’s always been a familiar face in the hall and you can always spot her on her golf cart. When asked if there was anything she’d like to say to the Freedom students and faculty she had this to say,

“I really in my heart believe the faculty and students at Freedom high school are the best in Hillsborough. I’m very thankful to have gotten the chance to work with such outstanding instructors and students. I wouldn’t change my time here for the world”.

We love you Mrs. Owens and we’re all going to miss you.

The Freedom SGA said a special goodbye to Mrs. Owens during the last pep rally:

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/clip/10772494/prep-rally-at-freedom-hs-820am

FSA Connections Questions:

1. What were Mrs. Owens’ favorite accomplishments at Freedom?
  2. What did Mrs. Owens mean by ‘cycles’ in her second quote?
  3. How many years has Mrs. Owens been with Freedom?
  4. What does ‘evolve’ mean in this story?
  5. Who is going to be the AP of Curriculum on November third?