BENEFITS OF WORKING OUT FOR STUDENTS

Hares Ibrahim, Staff Writer

Working out is a wonderful way for people to get into the physique that they want. However,
not only is working out good for improving the way someone looks, but it is also beneficial for
motivation to work academically. At Freedom High School, there are a lot of people who work out
before or after school. Their physical form is impressive; however, their work ethic is even better.
Studies have shown that working out can later improve time management and completion of
workload, and students who work out are beginning to find this true.
“In ninth grade I was never dedicated to the gym as much as I am now. Now that I work out a
lot, I feel like I get a lot more done at home when I am assigned a lot of work.” Gavin Chung, 11, said.
Not only is completion of work being improved, but some students are seeing improvement in
performance.
“Ever since I started becoming dedicated to working out, I’ve been seeing better results in my
grades. It is as if the dedication and focus I put into working out is transferring to my academic life as
well.”
Working out is beneficial and students would see satisfying results after being dedicated to it.
Working out does not even mean going to the gym and lifting weights every day, it means finding
something enjoyable to be dedicated to that requires physical activity. If one does not know what they
would enjoy doing, they could try out some sports, go to the gym or, go out for a jog with a friend.
Academic success does not always mean burying your face in a book.