• September 17RIVALRY WEEK! Freedom plays at Wharton, Friday @ 7:30

Levy Lands Bucs Position

Aidan Carney, Staff Writer

Some students might get bored at a typical part-time job, but working for a professional sporting club is a completely different story. Junior Bryce Levy is an employed worker for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Having worked for the team since he was 13, Levy has made many connections and bonds through the National Football League.

“My job can be very easy or it can be very difficult. Running tapes and play books to coaches can vary in stress depending on the game and the coach. Some coaches love to interact with you and others don’t. Also, the weather plays a big impact as well because the rain could cause papers to be ruined and can put everyone in a bad mood. The players and coaches often get upset when they’re losing by a fair amount which causes tension and unevenness throughout the sideline,” stated Levy.

Levy, who credits family connections for his position, stated, “My dad has been working in the NFL for about 35 years and he was able to employ my brothers and me under his wing.”

Levy’s father began working for the Pittsburgh Steelers as an assistant and soon worked his way up to Video Director for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

“My dad is a Cinderella type story, as he was in college and was at the right place at the right time and would soon get hired by now a close family friend,” said Levy.

Levy loves game days, especially when the Bucs are heavily favored to win.

“Going into work three hours before game time would seem awful to most people, but the truth is, I actually like getting there early because it gives me time to see these world renowned athletes,” stated Levy. “Also, there is always free food in the Press Box, so I make sure that I always hit that up at least once before the game.”

Levy considers working for a professional sports team a privilege, so he takes great advantage of that every day. Levy aspires to become a Clemson alumnus after high school, so he works hard in his classes with the help of wisdom from his coworkers and bosses.

Levy shared, “Going to Clemson would be a dream, and I hope that the dream will become a reality. If things were to work out, I could maybe become employed by the University to be a student manager or something on that level.”

Hoping to achieve great goals and aspirations in life, Levy considers school his number one priority, though his job comes in a close second. He plans to become in architect in the future.  Levy uses his current position with the Bucs to build relationships and learn from experiences that could help him in the long run.

Aidan Carney, Staff Writer

Aidan is a Senior at Freedom, and this is his second year on the Revolution staff. Aidan is a member of both the hockey team and lacrosse team for...