FHS Hockey Gets a New Look

FHS Hockey Gets a New Look

Freedom’s hockey team has been receiving a tremendous amount of support by students this year compared to the previous years. With more and more students going to the games, one Freedom student thought it would be a good idea to change the jerseys, so he started designing his own.

Will Shima, senior, released multiple pictures on Wednesday, October 8th, of what he plans on doing to the Freedom hockey jerseys. He is waiting on what all the players, coaches, and students think about them before making any serious decisions.

Although the team’s official jersey was changed only 3 years ago, many players on the team believe that the current jerseys are not very appealing and want to proceed with the new jerseys.

“Even though we just got new jerseys I don’t really like them, they’re very plain and don’t even have words on them. We need something that represents Freedom nicely and catches people attention and right now all we have is the letters F and P on our jerseys,” says Justin Richards, a Junior on the hockey team.

The main struggle about creating a new jersey is the price. With a creation of new jerseys and new material in the jersey, the cost would be expensive. Parents of players on the team may not want or be able to pay for the new jerseys.

“I think that they are nice looking jerseys and I know all the kids on the team would rather have the new ones instead of the current ones we are wearing. They aren’t the ones paying for them though, so I don’t know if it’s going to work. In the end it’s up to the parents because they’re paying for everything,” said Pat Clarke, Manager of the hockey team.

The new jerseys are going to be produced as long as they get enough approval from parents, players, and coaches.