Which Sandwich

Which Sandwich

Sandwich shops are a popular choice for food in the New Tampa area.  There are numerous stores offering subs in the New Tampa area, and every shop has its own style and taste. A poll of 51 students was taken on the Freedom High School Revolution website to find out which sub shop the students of Freedom prefer.

Publix, founded in 1930, has over 1,000 locations throughout the southeastern United States. The supermarket is known for its exceptional customer service, and its deli is quite popular for their handmade subs. Several students at Freedom High School enjoy Publix subs more than any other sub.

“I like Publix subs the best because it’s quick, easy, and inexpensive, and has really good quality” Junior Omar Meneses-Allen said.

Those who don’t like Publix subs are often fans of the chain Subway. Subway was founded in 1965, and has over 40,000 restaurants in 102 countries, recently surpassing McDonald’s as the largest international restaurant chain. They are known for their subs, salads, and pizzas. Their subs were voted second best in the poll with 14 votes.

“I think Subway is the best sub shop because I like the variety that they have to offer,” freshman Kush Patel said.

Jersey Mike’s is another popular choice in the New Tampa area. Founded in 1956, Jersey Mike’s has over 750 stores across the United States and is known for their submarine sandwiches. Their subs were voted third best in the poll with 5 votes.

“I like Jersey Mike’s because the bread is homemade and the meats are fresh,” freshman Benton Lamlein said.

Firehouse Subs, founded in 1994, has over 600 restaurants in 35 states as well as Puerto Rico, is known for their submarine sandwiches and their hot sandwiches. Their subs were voted fourth best in the poll with 2 votes.

“I like Firehouse because of the fresh ingredients they put into every sandwich,” junior Tishane Lee said.

Jimmy Johns has a location very close to Freedom and offers fast subs and fast delivery for their clients. Founded in 1983, Jimmy Johns has over 1,600 locations in 40 states and is a choice available to the students at Freedom.

“I like Jimmy John’s because it’s convenient and fast, they get to your house faster than the police,” said senior LJ Davis. In the survey, Jimmy Johns only had 1 vote.

Quiznos, is another choice for Freedom students. Founded in 1981, Quiznos has over 4,000 restaurants worldwide, but between 2007 and 2009 has lost more than 1,000 stores due to financial problems.

“I like Quiznos the best because of the combos, you can get a sandwich and a soup,” freshman Nick Mitchell said. Their subs were also had 1 vote.

This survey analyzed the popularity of various sandwich shops around the New Tampa area. Each of the shops is accessible to Freedom High students and is a viable option for a good meal.