What Do You Want To Be When You Grow Up

Katie Matthews, Editor in Chief

The ultimate question. What do you wanna be when you grow up? We hear it from our teachers to our family to our friends. Whether its through our parents, our passion towards a subject or something we are interested in, everyone has a goal.

After working in retail throughout high school, Nelson Rivera found his passion in real estate. Rivera explains, “Eventually I would like to flip homes and rent them out to further my investments in other areas of interest.”

Rivera plans to use the money he makes off of real estate and invest it into the stock market attempting to grow different brands in the future.

“I am going to be a nurse or a diabetic specialist because I love to help people and make an impact on other peoples lives” Allie Freihofer said.

When she was in middle school, Freihofer was diagnosed with diabetes and she witnessed her nurses help her in every aspect, inspiring her to do the same.

Austin Eastman’s goal is to never work a 9-5 desk job, he plans to be his own boss.

“I want to own a business where I do custom paint jobs and vinyl wraps to cars,” Eastmen continues, “I love working with cars and designing different features that looks good on them.”

Similar to Freihofer’s motivation Alania Edwards felt the impact of people helping her and wants to do the same for others.

“I want to be a dermatologist because growing up I had really bad acne and my dermatologist helped my skin get so much better” Edwards explained.

Jack Gardner is inspired by his love for biology and anatomy. ” I plan to be an orthopedic surgeon, mainly because that’s what my mom does, and also a biomedical engineer” Gardner said.

As high schoolers we are constantly faced with that question, that will ultimately decide our futures. How are we supposed to choose one job when we have countless interests? Rivera answered, “My parents always told me growing up to make sure I do something I love so I decided to put what I love and what I’m good at together.”