Softball preseason

Ryley Castro, Staff Writer

The start of the softball season brings new potential and players to improve this season. The returning players are now more experienced and prepared for the upcoming year.  

Catcher, Ellis Erikson, 11, said, “I’ve been playing softball since I was eight. I love it because I can go out and play whenever I’m stressed out about something.” 

Erikson believes the team has new talent and thinks they will be successful this year, even without some of the starting players from last year.  

“Our team will improve this year even although we lost Dallas. We will have new freshmen coming in and they are really good, I think we all just work together very well and have chemistry with each other,” Erickson continued, “I think we are going do great because we’re going to work hard at practice and win games.” 

Lilly Kiester, center fielder, also believes the team will do better because they are very hard working and are determined to do well, “I think we are going do great because we’re going to work hard at practice and win games.” 

Freshman, Kelsie Matthews, explained that with more practice, the team would have a successful season, “I think we are going to do decent, we just have to work together and keep each other positive.”  

Although Matthews is a freshman on the team, everyone has been practicing for a while and is comfortable with each other on the field.  

“I’m already pretty good with everyone, so I feel good about everything, and I don’t feel out of place. Everyone treats me like family.”  

Ellis Erickson, 11

About the Writer
Ryley Castro, Staff Writer

Ryley Castro is a junior at Freedom and this is his first year as a staff member for the Revolution. Ryley is on the baseball team and loves being out...