5 Things to Do Before Graduation

Brittany Zheng, Staff Writer

With the school year coming to an end, there are many things in the future to look forward to, like summer break and no homework. However, for seniors, graduation is fast approaching and these are the final few weeks we have at Freedom. For better or for worse, we may never walk these halls again, so here are my top 5 things to do before graduation.

Attend a School Event that You Never Thought Of

There is more to Freedom than what meets the eye. Step out of your comfort zone and try something new by taking part in an event you normally wouldn’t go to. Attend a school play or a chorus concert. If you have never been to a baseball game, give that a try. It will help you appreciate more of what the school has to offer and is a good way to branch out. Who knows, maybe you will enjoy what you see.

Learn How To Do Laundry Yourself

If by now you still don’t know how to do laundry without turning your clothes pink, now is a good time to start learning. College will be rough without this crucial skill. Don’t be that guy who has to go home every other weekend to have clothes “professionally” washed by their mom or that person who wears the same stained outfits every other day.

Spend Time With Family and Friends

When it’s time to leave for college, everyone will be going their separate ways. Say goodbye to family dinners and hanging out with friends back home on Friday nights. You go from seeing old friends and family every day to seeing them every other week or just during breaks. Invite some friends over and play a board game and catch up instead of going out to a movie. Take advantage of the time that is available and spend quality time with family and friends because this could be the last time you see them for a while.

Start Exercising and Eating Healthy

Everyone knows that the Freshman Fifteen is real and dangerous. If you believe you won’t gain the weight without exercising at college then you’re sadly mistaken. LA Fitness is always popping with Freedom students, so maybe it’s about time you hopped on the bandwagon! If you don’t like seeing classmates outside of school, joining a different local gym isn’t such a bad idea either. Developing a healthy lifestyle is key to maintaining your weight in college. Don’t come back looking like an oompa loompa!

Be Proud Of Yourself

High school may have been the best time of your life or the worst, but regardless you made it through and that itself is something to be proud of.