2022 Girls Tennis Preview

Hadley Linne, Staff Writer

The Freedom Patriots girls tennis team is back for the new season. The team consists of the same members from last year plus a new freshman.
The girls have been practicing for two weeks now are playing their first match next week. They have all new uniforms but the same attitude and confidence from last year!
They’re wearing red uniforms this year instead of the blue they wore last year.
“I’m excited for the new season, since this is my senior year it’s gonna be my last year.” Kiley McGuire (12) said.
This year the team consists of two seniors, Emily Ng and Kiley McGuire who have both been played on the team since their freshman year.
“I’m sad this is my last year, the team has changed a lot of the years I’ve been here but I’m going to miss the friendships and love for the sport I’ve had all four years,” Ng said.
The team has changed players, changed coaches, and changed practice courts over the years. Summer Vippolis, also known as Coach Vip, is in her second year as head coach.
“Vip pushes us and makes us try our best every game,” Dylan Panganiban (11) said.
The team welcomed a new player this year, Vanessa Hutto (9). Hutto has played tennis for years but took a break and decided to join again for her freshman season.
“I’m excited for the season,” Hutto said. “I don’t really know what to expect but I played soccer and golf for Freedom so I have some idea of sports at Freedom.”