A Last Hurrah for Freedom Basketball Seniors

Hayden Wooldridge, Staff Writer

Freedom High School’s basketball team has their senior night on Wednesday the 3rd against King High School. So far this season they are 10-6 and Wednesday night they will celebrate seniors who have been part of the team for many years.

“What I will miss most is the energy on the team and the feeling we all get when its game day,” Jack Stone said.

Stone has been on varsity all four years and is planning to continue his education at the University of South Florida for nursing. He loves the feeling when it’s a home game and he knows he is going to get to play in front of all his peers.

“My favorite memory was from this year when the whole team went to Main Event and we got to hang out off the court and just have fun,” Matthew Wilson said.

The team enjoyed bonding on and off the court. They are all really good friends even when they are not practicing or preparing for games. Wilson has enjoyed the quality time they have been able to spend outside of practice. He plans on attending Lewis and Clark College.

“I’m gonna miss the pregame meals the most. Most of my favorite memories are from off the court because the team is so funny we’re always having a good time,” Kulmari Raven said.

Raven has been playing basketball for about five years off and on. He says it’s hard for him to pick a favorite memory because the team is always having fun and it’s so easy to hang out with everyone.

“It’s been a good season. I’m proud of how well we have played despite everything with corona going on and how we have come together as a team,” Adam Henriquez said.