Relay for Life this weekend

Lance Etelkozi, Staff Writer

The annual New Tampa Relay for Life takes place this Saturday, April 6th. This annual event raises money to support the fight against cancer. This year its changed, instead of being 8 p.m. to 8 a.m. the next day, it will be 2 p.m. to 11 p.m.
   Freedom High School Ambassador Lessi Millington has participated in Relay for Life for the past seven years. When asked about the change she explained that it was heavily debated in meetings.
   “One of the event leads thought that doing it during the day would bring in more people from the community,” explained Millington, “We’re basically seeing if we can raise more money this year by getting more families out.”
   The event is open to everyone, anyone can create or join a team, they can also just go to the event and walk the track to see the many booths and food available there.
   The money gets spread around to help fight cancer. Some money goes to research, while some goes to helping support families in the fight.
    Millington encourages participation in relay, saying, “It’s easy for anyone to get involved and help raise money for the cause.”
About the Writer
Lance Etelkozi, Staff Writer

Lance was born in San Ramon, CA, but moved to Tampa when he was one. His family all lives in Michigan and he is an avid fan of Detroit sports teams. Lance...