Early Releases Monday Vs. Wednesday

Tyler Young, Staff Writer

For the past few years, Hillsborough Public County Schools have been released an hour earlier on every Monday as opposed to previously, two hours early, every other Wednesday. While having every Monday off is more frequent, it is only an hour shorter than a regular day which is sometimes hard to notice. A difference of ten minutes in each class doesn’t really seem to change anything.

“I liked it better when it was once every two weeks. Having it every Monday is a really good way to start off the week but it’s barely an early release. When it was on Wednesday it actually felt like I was on at school for half the day,” said Senior Brian Seybold.

Although some people would much rather it be back to the way it was, many enjoy how it is now and how often it is.

“Getting released early every single Monday is way better than how it was. It felt like we would barely have any early releases, it was only twice a month and on a Wednesday, it would have been better if it was on another day like Friday,” said Senior Catherine King.

Not only is it liked among students that just want to get home earlier, but  it’s very convenient for students who play sports and have to rush after school.

“When I played travel hockey I would have to rush from the second I got out of school and get ready right when I got home in order to make it to the rink on time, some days I would even get signed out early so I wasn’t late,” said Senior Nic Clarke.

Whether it’s just to get home and chill or it’s for something important like practice or work, the opinions on which is the best early release day is split pretty evenly among students. Until anything changes, students will continue to be released one hour early.