Students Supporting Freedom’s Newest Class

Jacob Ishak, Staff Writer

Every year, classes are getting added at Freedom High School that allow students to experience new things. This year, there is a class designed to help hard-working Advanced Placement (AP) students. Taught by English teacher Mrs. O’Sullivan, AP Support is a study hall that provides some free time for students to complete assignments from their other AP classes. The class has yet to complete its first semester, but is already receiving many good reviews.

“This class helps us get through our stressful high school lives,” Junior Cole Crawford stated.

Senior Jarrod Rodriguez added, “I get to do work for my other AP classes, therefore I have a less stressful schedule.”

“I don’t have to do as much homework at night anymore, instead I can finally relax at home,” claimed Senior Cameron Bryan.

Students seem to benefit from the class and the help they receive through it. Despite all the positivity however, some warn that it’s not the most exciting class.

“It [the class] is kind of boring, but at least you get your work done,” Bryan conceded.

The course may not be as enjoyable as a gym class or one with your favorite teacher, but students seem to like the fact that they can get their homework done in school.

“I recommend AP Support because it allows you to get and give help to and from students and the teacher. It is helpful and allows you to be less stressed and more relaxed,” Crawford said.

Overall, this class has been successful in doing its job and supporting the students that take it. It has the potential to alleviate homework load, which makes it a perfect fit for AP students.