Freshman Feature: Ethan Tatum

Aidan Boggs, Staff Writer

Freshman year can be a daunting time for middle school graduates but some luckily make a smooth transition.

I recently caught up with Freedom Freshman Ethan Tatum to ask how his first week of high school went. Fortunately, he survived his first week in one piece.

When asked how he was enjoying Freedom so far Tatum replied, “Everything’s been great other than a few schedule changes. Other than that just trying to learn where everything is.”

Tatum’s high school expectations were different from the typical freshman’s, “I wasn’t scared at all! But more upset my glorious summer had come to an end,” said Tatum.

Ethan plans on attending Freedom for all four years of high school and hopes to be just as successful as his older sister Emily Tatum, a Freedom alumni who is now attending the University of Florida.

Some of Ethan’s goals for his high school career were inspired by his older sister.

“Well as of right now I would love to earn good grades and someday attend a great University,” said Tatum.

As for extra-circulars, Tatum said he is interested in applying for the Student Government Association as well as possibly trying out for the schools lacrosse team. Although he has never played before, he feels lacrosse is where he will shine the most. Ethan is looking forward to a very exciting four years.

“I hope to make the most of it in the best way I can!” Said Tatum.