T.L.O.P Crisis

T.L.O.P Crisis

Alan Ruiz, Staff Writer

While Feb. 13th was a day worth waiting for, some of us were left with nothing, but broken promises.

Kanye West has been teasing his new album The Life of Pablo; using Twitter as his source for attention on his album, Kanye left his fans with empty hands. Everyone expects Kanye’s seventh studio album to drop the 13th of February. When the time came everyone was left with confusion.

“I waited and waited for a tweet from Kanye with the link. I was expecting it to come out that day on iTunes, but it never came,” said Sean Kim Senior at Freedom High School.

Kanye first debuted his album at his fashion show in Madison Square Garden on Feb. 12th. When the digital download came out it was only available for a couple of hours before it was taken down. Some people never got a chance to purchase and others were charged, but never got the album.

“Once I saw that Kanye had put the download on his website I was ready to pay the $20, but once I checked it had already been taken down. I was really upset,” stated Dylan Herrick, Junior.

While the album was taken down on Kanye’s website, it was still available on tidal.com.

“I saw that people were saying that I could only hear it through Tidal, so I downloaded the app and started my free trial,” said Kim.

People were complaining that they had to make a membership to listen to Kanye’s music. Kanye then took to social media to let his fans know why he did what he did.

“Please for all music lovers. Please subscribe to tidal!!! I decided not to sell my album for another week,” tweeted Kanye on Feb. 14th.

While fans were let down by West, they were willing to wait the extra week. Everything seemed to be okay until Kanye went to Twitter again. This time Kanye let his fans know the album wasn’t for sale.

“My album will never never never be on Apple. And it will never be for sale… You can only get it on Tidal,” tweeted Kanye West on Feb 15th.

While Apple and Tidal haven’t released any word on Kanye’s tweet, we can only take Kanye’s word. Fans are still left confused on why will be done with their digital download and the album. As of now you can start a free trial on tidal.com to access Kanye’s T.L.O.P. As for anyone else the only thing left to do is wait for further word from Kanye West.