Seniors say ‘goodbye’

Cuyler Bliss, Staff Writer

The class of 2022 is graduating on May 26 at 8:30 am. The event will be held at the Florida State
Fairgrounds expo hall. As the year ends many staff and classmates are excited to hear about what the
seniors are going to do after graduating.
Bryson Oaks will graduate from Freedom as a multiu-sport varsity athlete. He played on the varsity soccer team for four years and the golf team for two.
“I will miss the soccer team; I had the honor of being a captain of the varsity team.
I will miss seeing friends I’ve known for years after we all go our separate ways. I am ready for the real
world; I know that I am going to go to college for a major in sports management. Honestly, I am ready to
be on my own and see what real life is like.”
Oaks recently committed to furthering his academic and athletic careers at Webber University. He
plans to play soccer for the men’s program and if he excels transfer to a even better school.
”Committing was a big moment for me. I’ve wanted to play soccer at a higher level since I was a kid. Finalizing and
realizing I now lived up to my dreams is awesome.”
Cooper Barno and Caden Kitchen decided to attend and room together at Tallahassee Community
College, better known as TCC. Barno and Kitchen have been good friends for six years. They were hockey
co-captains together for Freedom and have remained close.
“We were on our way to a Lacrosse game, and I was discussing my concern of not knowing where I was going yet but threw out the idea of
attending TCC and transferring into FSU after a semester, then Caden mentioned the idea of him going
to TCC too and we could room together. It all fell into place from there. We signed a lease and now we
are excited for our future together,” Barno said.
Kitchen felt like Barno about their rooming situation.
“Coop is like family to me. Being able to go to college with someone from your hometown is a special feeling. I do not have to stress over starting fresh and not having any friends, taking him up there with me guarantees one person who I can rely on,” Kitchen said.
“I feel privileged that we came to an agreement to go together and stay together. It takes a lot of thinking
to do that and I am happy I’m going with Coop.”