The Hall on Franklin: A Tampa Native Dining Experience

Danny Wood, Staff Writer

Opened in September of 2017, The Hall on Franklin is a relatively new restaurant to the downtown dining scene, providing Tampa locals with a diverse and unique dining experience.

The Hall on Franklin provides customers with a menu composed of many different types of food, catering to essentially all personal preferences. Within the building, there are six different vendors to order from, each with a different specialty.

Restaurant guests can start off their experience at Kofe, a coffee shop vendor with lattes and cold brew coffee, making a great pair with Bake’n Babes, which offers desserts and breakfast options.

For Asian-inspired main courses customers can order from North Star Eatery, offering Ramen, and Bento boxes, or Poke Rose with a large variety of poke bowls for a healthier alternative.

The Hall on Franklin also has Heights Fish Camp with fresh seafood options, and Heights Melts with grilled cheese sandwiches served with tomato soup or waffle fries.

The atmosphere of the restaurant enhances the experience. Customers are given the option to walk around the hall and choose their vendor/vendors for a quicker experience or to engage in a traditional dining experience, where the food is brought to customers while they sit in a comfy leather chair.

The interior boasts a very modern, yet rustic design. The lighting and décor give the entire restaurant an aesthetically pleasing feel to the overall experience.

When live music isn’t being performed at night or on the weekends, the restaurant makes up for it by playing new, trending music, making lunch or dinner even more enjoyable!

Like the rest of the venue, the food is certainly delightful. The dishes have a distinct and refined flavor that displays the expertise of the chefs who created it. The presentation of the dishes was equally as impressive as the food – as to expect with trendy restaurants.

Fried Shrimp and Chinese BBQ Pork Stuffed Bao Sliders from the North Star Eatery
Pork Ramen from the North Star Eatery

On a student budget, The Hall on Franklin can be fairly harsh, averaging about 15 dollars a person, but if money is not an issue, The Hall is a great place for students to hang out and eat delicious food they crave without the compromise of choosing one restaurant.