• September 17RIVALRY WEEK! Freedom plays at Wharton, Friday @ 7:30

Impressive Senior Night for Boys’ Basketball Team

Back to Article
Back to Article

JD Flahart, Staff Writer

As the Boys’ Varsity Basketball season comes to an end, so do the high school careers of several players on the team. During Thursday’s bout against Tampa Bay Tech, Freedom’s final home game, the team honored four seniors. The game ended in a narrow victory for the Patriots.

The team honored its seniors in their final home game.

One Freedom senior, Alek Rojas, put up an impressive 28 points and 20 rebounds, making it a rather memorable Senior Night for him, as well as his teammates.

Rojas took to Twitter after the game, commenting, “28 and 20 on Senior Night. Thank you Freedom, I’ll miss you.”

Rojas, 33, gathered with his teammates.

Both teams fouled out late in the fourth quarter, almost leaving the game to be decided by a free throw and a buzzer beater. The final score was 67-65, with Freedom coming back to win the game after being down early.

The team will compete against Wiregrass in the district playoffs at Wharton on Tuesday at 7pm.

Freedom has played Wiregrass twice this year, losing each game, including a narrow two-point loss in the second game.

While several Patriots may have stepped off the court at home for the final time, the team has major potential to continue its success throughout the rest of the playoffs.

JD Flahart, Staff Writer

JD is a senior at Freedom High School. He is a member of the lacrosse team. In his free time, he enjoys fishing, hunting and hanging out with his friends....