Getting Focused at FHS for the Oncoming School Year

Danny Wood, Staff Writer

Summer break has officially come to a halt and the school grind begins once again. Classes have begun following their lesson plan, schedules are becoming finalized, and the dedication from students is necessary now more than ever.

1. Be Organized:

It is essential to keep track of important papers. This can easily be done through the use of dedicated folders, binders or other organizational methods. Planners/calendars are very helpful to keep track of important dates and homework assignments.

1. Set Goals for Yourself:

Setting goals that are attainable yet challenging help a student reach their full potential and provoke a sense of confidence upon completion.

1. Go to School:

This tip may seem fairly obvious, but being absent generally leads to copious makeup work and the inability to be present for essential lessons, therefore an abundance of absences can substantially affect a student’s grades in a negative way.

1. Have a Fair Balance of Labor and Leisure:

It is important to not put all of your time and effort solely into school. Picking up a hobby/pastime is an effective way to combat stress and enjoy your high school experience to a greater degree.

The most important thing, however, is to believe in yourself. School may sometimes seem like it is too challenging or stressful to achieve academic success, but with a positive mindset, perseverance, and the application of these tips, any student can academically perform their best.