FHS Students Prep for Exam Week

Jacob Ishak, Staff Writer

Exams can make or break a high school student. Every year students partake in two exam weeks, one at the end of the first semester and the other at the end of the second semester. Students study for seventeen weeks to prepare themselves to take the tests that in most cases determine their grade.

“I’ve been doing all my work the teachers give me. I study after school and pay attention in class,” Senior Daniel Zapata stated about his preparation for the upcoming exams.

There are numerous different ways to study, and each student has their own unique method.

“I keep looking over my notes and I make sure I do my homework,” Junior Tanner Engel added.

Freshman Carlos Sanchez stated, “I draw to keep me focused, it helps me learn.”

As the days pass, students come closer and closer to taking their exams. Throughout this week, they are going to be given many exam reviews which may be hard to handle. Time management will be a major key.

“I am going to prioritize my reviews. I’m going to focus on the most important classes first, then move to the less important classes second,” claimed Sanchez.

Zapata said, “I am going to go through all my easy reviews first, and then focus on the more difficult ones.”

Overall, students are starting to dial in on their school work and prepare for their exams. Although it is time consuming, some students are willing to take time out of their day to work on their reviews.