FHS Graduates!

FHS+Graduates%21

Tori Chin, News Editor/Public Relations

The most bittersweet event of the year is quickly approaching as the 2015-2016 school year comes to a close. Graduating high school marks the end of a great four years, as well as the beginning of a new chapter in life. This year’s graduation will be held at the Florida State Fairgrounds on Wednesday, June 8th. There will be a $5 (CASH ONLY) charge per car for parking. Seating opens at 8:30 am and the ceremony will begin at 9:00 am.

The graduation ceremony includes speeches from the Senior Class President (Dean Lagatutta), the valedictorian (Maya Patel), and salutatorian (Junie Kim).

“I’m so grateful for the chance to represent and address my entire class and all the people who have helped get us to graduation and shaped us into the people we have become,” said Kim. “I hope that many people attend on June 8th as there are so many amazing people graduating that need to be celebrated. I’m so proud of my class for our achievements these past four years, and I can’t wait to see how they reach success in the future!”

Although graduation takes place during exam week, students are not required to come to school on June 8th so students are free to go to the ceremony. If you know someone who is graduating this year, you should stop by because this is a big day for the graduates and it would be nice to show your support.

“I can’t believe high school is already over,” said senior Elizabeth Cheung. “It feels like I was just a freshman yesterday and it’s going to be extremely sad to say bye to all of my friends. I’m definitely going to need to stop myself from tearing up at graduation because it’ll definitely be an emotional day.”