Love Is…

Love Is...

Love is in the air at Freedom High School, or is it? When asked what love is to them, here are some of the answers people around campus responded with.

“It’s a strong connection with someone you have whether it’s with someone you’re in a relationship with or your family,” said Sophomore Cheyenne Waite.

Junior Lauren Willuz said, “Love is scary, and thrilling, and crazy. You’ll never know what love can bring.”

Junior Foster Cleveland replied with, “Love is an adventure,”

“Love is everything around us. You love your mom, and your favorite restaurant, and the way the sun looks just after its risen on a Sunday morning. Its presence is all around us. It shapes what we do, how we live life, and how we react to things. You can never escape it,” said Freshman Abby Novo.

Students were asked if they’ve ever been in love, they responded with,

“I’ve never been in love, however, I have witnessed it between people around me. I can’t wait to love someone as much as I can,” said Sophomore Brandon Sun.

Freshman Tyler Kamsler replied, “I think it’s important to fall in love with yourself before you go and fall for someone else,”

Junior Terry Tan said, “Once you love someone, even if it doesn’t work out you will always still care for that person. Those memories you two had shared will always be in your heart and if you truly love someone they will always be a part of you,”

When asked what would be on their agenda for this up and coming Valentine’s Day, students replied.

“LOL I’m going to sleep,” said Freshman Jack Winters.

“I’m going to go to dinner with my friends. We always dress up and get together for a Valentine’s Day brunch them spend the days pampering ourselves and spending time with each other now. Then we all have a sleepover and watch movies,” said Junior Miranda Lippus.

“Just go about it like any other day,” replied Junior Nick Mitchell.

Junior Becca Bible explained, “Gonna order some Chinese food, curl up in bed and watch The Office,”

Valentine’s Day is about spending time with loved ones and showing someone how much you appreciate them. This doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to only spend all your time on your significant other but show family and friends how much they matter to them. We tend to get lost in the sea of oversized chocolate hearts, expensive jewelry, and bouquets of roses, forgetting the true meaning of Valentine’s Day…love.

No matter if you’ve been bitten by the love bug, hit with Cupid’s arrow, or decided to spend the day with yourself relaxing, always remember to love yourself first.