Red, White, Blue, Freedom!

This year our football team hit the ground running. Never before have the Freedom Patriots been 4th in the district. Many changes have taken place in regards to improvement of training skills, advancement of new plays on the field and also learning how to be ‘one team one family’.

Many highlights took place off and on the field. With the crazy touchdowns and the out of this world plays this year was the start of something new. One thing that stayed with the football players on and off the field was striving to be like a family. This year the patriots saw that the only way to success is to work together, and they worked tremendously hard as a family. There was better comminuting on the field, better knowledge of knowing the players strength and weakness and how to enhance them and also more confidence in each other. It really showed the true meaning of the saying, “There is no ‘I’ in Team.”

Through Freedom High School history our football players have done the best they thought they could on the field. One major thing that made this year different was the 12th man. Freedom High School as a whole really showed school spirit that filled the football player motivation. At every game the other team could hear our school roaring with praise to our patriots. Without a doubt our football players knew that this year their school had their back.

A real example of the schools spirit this year is when freedom high school won Fox13 Prep Rally. The Freedom students knew that as a school they really needed that prep rally. It was a sight to be seen. Having all the majors clubs and organization representing the school was unique. One of the major highlights of the game was the patriot football players. Getting the crowd pumped and showing us how being a family really works.

“They care in a way where they could make you laugh, but when it comes down to getting business they set an example. They work hard on and off the field. Especially the upper class men. When something needed to be done they stepped forward and did the job. They set a good atmosphere at all times. The varsity football team gave us hope” said JV football Travaruis Yulee

This year and years to come everyone will know how hard our football players worked and how having a strong dedicated 12th man really pays off. As a school Freedom is proud of their football team and now they know that this is not the end, and that more amazing things are soon to come.

FSA Connection Questions

1. In your own words describe the 12th man and how it helps the football players?
  2. What are some of the improvements to the team took place and how would that help?
  3. What type of tone does the author have throughout the article?
  4. What two sentences sums of the article?
  5. What passage goes with the title and how?