Bolts Fan Fest

Bolts Fan Fest

The Tampa Bay Lightning have been hosting a fan fest for the last couple of years to give the fans an opportunity to meet the players, have a great time with all the fun events planned outside and inside the arena, and also being able to buy some of players used gear.

The main point of this fan fest would have to be to get all lightning fans pumped up for the new 2014-2015 season. Along with all of these interesting and fun things to do, the Lightning also talked about the new players and additions to the team. They also released the brand new third jerseys which will be worn a total of 11 times for the new season.

This fan fest was a little different from previous fan fest due to the fact that this year the Tampa Bay Lightning offered a selective group of high school hockey players to shoot on the goalies. Each high-school was able to pick one student from the team to shoot in front of over 5,000 people against an NHL goalie.

Justin Kilker, a senior at Freedom High School was the selected player to shoot for Freedom and made the best of his opportunity and scored against the Tampa Bay Lightning goalie, Andrei Vasilevskiy who was a towering 6’3 feet tall.

Another awesome feature that the Fan Fest let fans experience was being able to talk to the players and ask questions. Steven Stamkos, captain of the Tampa Bay Lightning, walked out early around 10:30 to be greeted by many fans who were eager to ask him questions and talk to him. Luckily for the fans he did answer questions and tried his best to interact with them all.

Liam Doherty, another senior at Freedom High School attended this event. Unlike Justin Kilker who got to go on the ice and shoot on a goalie, Liam was able to ask Steven Stamkos a question about the new season and what he thought about it.

“It was an unforgettable experience and I had a great time” said Liam right after the event. Many fans thought it was a great time and said they are definitely going to return next year for the 2015-2016 fan fest event. “It’s great for the fans, that they put this on, and I’m sure it’s great for the players, too” also said John Scalisi, who took his wife and 3 children to the event.

FSA Connection:

1. In the article, how does the author organize the paragraphs?
  2. Select one sentence that best summarizes the work.
  3. The author seems to offer what main idea?
  4. What is the connotation of the word eager in the story?
  5. In the piece, the word