• September 17RIVALRY WEEK! Freedom plays at Wharton, Friday @ 7:30

Meet Mrs. Nummer

Back to Article
Back to Article

Meet Mrs. Nummer

Lara McKeown, Staff Writer

Mrs. Dawn Nummer joined Freedom’s faculty as the new AP Psychology and Psychology 1 teacher prior to the start of the school year. She majored in Psychology at USF and this will be her third year teaching. Prior to teaching at Freedom, she taught English at Wiregrass Ranch High School for two years.

“I switched to Freedom because there was a Psychology position open,” Nummer said. “Teaching Psychology was my goal from the beginning. I was only teaching English while I waited for a Psych position to become available.”

This is Mrs. Nummer’s first year teaching psychology. “I prefer Psych over English because Psych is my passion.”

“To me, it is the most interesting area to study and teach.”

Mrs. Nummer knew she wanted to be a teacher since she was five years old.

“I enjoyed learning in school, so I have always wanted to be a teacher to pass on that love of learning,” Nummer explained.

After wrapping up the first of quarter of this school year, she has adjusted to teaching at a new school and has gotten more comfortable with her students.

“I am able to be way more laid back this year because most of my students are intrinsically motivated to do well,” Nummer said. “On top of that, Psych is an elective, so many of my students have a genuine interest in the subject area, which allows me to get to know and really enjoy my students.”

Mrs. Nummer is excited to be teaching at Freedom and has a positive outlook on the rest of the year.

“This year has been great! I love my students, which makes my job enjoyable,” Nummer shared. “I am looking forward to teaching some interesting topics and getting to know my students.”