Godlike Golfer

Godlike Golfer

Evan Castro, Staff Writer

Getting accepted to colleges for a sport as a sophomore is not something a lot of students are able to boast. For Cooper Smith, though, this has already been done. Smith has received many offers from schools all around the state but has chosen to go to the University of North Florida to play golf and to further his education.

Smith said that the reason he started playing golf was because of his father.

“He’s been in the game forever and has really taught me a lot,” explained Smith. “My dad always pushes me to do my best and always has ever since I first started playing.” Smith appreciates all the support his father has given him.

Smith claims that the reason he chose to go to UNF was, “Because of the coach. There are obviously much more known places to go to but this coach gives me a really good feeling.”

The golfer added, “As I get closer to the college level playing, my expectations are to play great college golf, and turn that into an even better professional career.” 

Smith claims that as a golfer he hasn’t achieved as much as he’d like to, but he has continued to improve over the last few years. “I practice just about every day trying to work on little things in order to improve my game.”

Smith said finally, “If you want to get better at something you need to practice in order to improve.”