Freshman Feature: Adam Lin

Brittany Zheng, Staff Writer

Each school year we welcome  a new generation of students. Freshman enter high school not knowing what to expect. Classes are harder, bathrooms are dirtier and the only thing that seems to matter is your transcript.

Although classes are more demanding, Freshman Adam Lin finds high school more enjoyable than middle school.

“The teachers are more flexible with what we do in class. I have a lot more freedom here, the administration is not as strict and we have the ability to decide what we want to wear,” said Lin.

While Lin enjoys his freedom and teachers who are more flexible, he misses being able to talk to his friends during gym.

“In high school, gym is an elective and no longer a required class. I miss hanging with my friends during gym because that was the time where I could be less stressed,” stated Lin. “My AP Human Geography class can be demanding at times and I wish I had more free time with my friends.”

Adam entered the school campus without a sense of direction. The campus was bigger than he expected and classes were typically in the opposite direction of his previous class.

“Bathrooms are too far away from class. If I am walking across campus to my next class and I decide to use the bathroom, I end up being late,” shared Lin.

“I love the variety of classes they offer here, but it will take me some more time to get around campus,” he stated.

Coming into high school, freshman carry many aspirations of what they hope to accomplish. At the end of his high school career, Lin hopes to graduate with a 4.0 GPA and attend MIT or Georgia Tech due to his love of engineering and gaming.