Receive the Assistance Needed for College Preparation

Danny Wood, Staff Writer

Freedom’s guidance staff offers many services to help students achieve their greatest potential. However, many of these services go unnoticed. Mrs. Wolford, the College and Career Counselor, provides crucial assistance to students of all grades.

As a college and career counselor, Wolford helps students with all things college/career preparation, including standardized testing, college applications, bright futures, and the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).

Wolford also runs the College and Career Edsby group, a service all students can access with their Edsby accounts.

“The College and Career Edsby group houses important material for students seeking information about scholarship opportunities, SAT/ACT deadlines, college visits, community service opportunities, and much more,” Wolford explained. “Staying up to date on this Edsby group is beneficial because students may conveniently discover helpful information regarding their future.”

Attending a four-year university directly after high school may not be the most appropriate option for many students.

“If a student is not academically prepared to attend a university directly after high school, there are many other options available to ensure a bright future,” Wolford stated. “Many students utilize the 2+2 Program, a program in which students attend a community college for 2 years to receive an associate’s degree, then transfer to a public university to complete their college education.”

Wolford has been working as a College and Career Counselor at Freedom for five years.

“I honestly love this job. I am always excited to work with students and help them achieve their goals. It is very rewarding to witness students succeed as a result of my assistance, but more importantly, the hard work they put in.”

To meet with Wolford, students may send her an email containing the purpose for the appointment and the preferred time, at: [email protected]. Students can also stay up to date with all things college and career prep by following her on Twitter @FreedomCCC.