Captain Borso

Captain+Borso

Jacob Ishak, Staff Writer

Ryan Borso is a Senior at Freedom High School, and has been involved with a handful of different activities. Borso plays in the Freedom Band, is on the Ultimate Frisbee Club team, and wrestles for Freedom.

Borso plays the tuba, sousaphone, and trombone. After playing for seven years now, he has worked his way through the ranks to the position of Band Captain. Borso and his band mates have qualified for states as a team numerous times.

While band is a huge part of Borso’s life, wrestling is his favorite extracurricular activity. He has wrestled throughout high school was most recently nominated for First Team All-Conference.

“My favorite thing about wrestling is the amount of hard work that you have to put into it. It truly is the hardest sport,” stated Borso.

When it comes to school, Borso can definitely hold his own. He has maintained a 3.6 unweighted GPA while taking extra science classes.

“My favorite subject is anatomy. I like learning about the body and how it works,” said Borso.

The Senior has been able to enjoy himself throughout his time in high school.

“The thing that I am proudest of is how I have developed throughout high school,” he stated.

Now that his senior year is coming to an end, Borso plans to attend Florida State University and major in biology.

“I visited the campus. It’s a really nice school, and I am very familiar with it,” he claimed, “I plan to major in Biology and Nursing.”

Borso also wants to continue marching band and wrestling in college. Another of his hobbies is exploring.

“I really enjoy exploring new places or just simply walking around the beach and seeing stuff I’ve never seen before,” claimed Borso.

Of all of Borso’s high school experiences, he considers his girlfriend to be the most important.

“I have the most amazing girlfriend,” Borso concluded.