Everything You Need to Know About Prom 2017

Tori Chin, News Editor/Public Relations

Prom is just around the corner, so here is everything you need to know about the event and some reasoning regarding the decisions made…

When: April 1, 7-11 PM

Where: The Rialto Theatre (1617 N Franklin St. Tampa FL 33602)

Students will park in the lot directly across from the venue.

Theme: Masquerade

Complimentary masquerade masks will be handed out at the door.

Prom Pictures: Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park (600 N Ashley Dr, Tampa, FL 33602), 4:30 PM

The decision to have the “designated” Prom photo-stop downtown this year was made after speaking to many seniors who wanted to stray away from Compton Park—the default for many years. The University of Tampa was also a suggestion, but many seniors did not like the idea of having other schools there (as they take pictures for their Proms as well).

As a compromise, Curtis Hixon seemed to be the ideal location since students are still able to drive to the University of Tampa before or after Curtis Hixon, considering the proximity. If a student wishes to take pictures at Compton Park as well, they could do so before heading downtown.

Meeting for pictures at 4:30 PM should allow time for students to go to as many locations as they please before attending dinner reservations and Prom itself.

Attending “Prom Pictures” is not necessary for all, but it is a great place for parents and friends to be able to take pictures of students before the event.

I am aware of the results of the Twitter poll, but it allowed random Twitter users to vote. The results did not reflect the feedback I was receiving from the senior class.

I hope everyone has a wonderful time at Prom and everything runs as smoothly as planned. Feel free to ask me any questions you still have!

Senior Class President,

Tori Chin