Aidan Boggs: Jack of All Trades

Jacob Schuster, Staff Writer

Senior Aidan Boggs has played lacrosse for Freedom High School for four years, where he has risen to the rank of Captain. His fellow teammates and peers admire his ability on the field.

“He’s one of the best players on the team,” said Senior James O’Brien, a frequent spectator at games. “Definitely the most handsome.”

Boggs played for the New Tampa Raiders starting from 14 years old, ending his club lacrosse career after two years to focus on the high school season. He plays offense for his high school team, the Patriots, in his position of attack. Along with Collin Payton, 12, and Cole Crawford, 11, Boggs is easily one of the top players on the team.

Boggs was also a member of the Varsity Swim team at Freedom. After joining a club team over the summer, he established himself as a freestyle sprinter on the team. Boggs swam the 50 yard and 10 yard freestyle at Districts, finishing 6th and 7th in those events, respectively. He was also the first male swimmer to race under 24 seconds in the 50 yard freestyle at Freedom since 2013.

He has enjoyed a successful senior year at Freedom; he is the president of the Student Government Association and a member of the Freedom Revolution Newspaper staff. He has decided to continue his education at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa, AL in 2017. He considered walking on to the lacrosse team there, which would certainly not be a problem for this lacrosse super star.