Freedom Lacrosse Pre-Season

Aidan Boggs, Staff Writer

The 2017 Freedom Boys Lacrosse season has just begun and already the season is looking bright with a statement 7-6 comeback win over Durant on Monday night. Junior Cole Crawford led the Patriots to victory with his four goals and multiple face-off wins in Freedom’s first victory over Durant in the past three years.

Despite early success in the first game, Freedom has a long road ahead of them. They’ll have to go against powerhouse lacrosse schools like Steinbrenner, Newsome, and rival Wharton. However, captains Cole Crawford, Collin Payton, Aidan Boggs, and Greg Titus are confident in their team’s ability.

“With two early wins in our season, our future as a lacrosse program looks bright,” stated Crawford. “But our fate depends solely on what we want it to be.”

In the off season, Freedom Lacrosse hired a new coach, Chuck Graves. Graves has coached for fourteen years and claims he wouldn’t have it any other way.

Freedom may experience struggles on the offensive side of the ball as one of Freedom starting attackmen Tanner Fetters suffered a broken wrist during Monday’s game against Durant.

In the weeks to come it’s sure to be exciting for the boys! Make sure to come out and support them against Lakeland High school this Saturday, February 11th.