Another Strong Showing for FHS’ NJROTC

Another Strong Showing for FHS NJROTC

JD Roberson, Staff Writer

On December 7th, the Area Manager Inspection (AMI) was a success for Freedom High School’s Navy Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps (NJROTC). An AMI is when the Area Seven Manager, Commander Dirk Herbert, goes to different schools and inspects the entire NJROTC unit. Herbert was unable to attend, so Dunedin High School’s Captain Facinelli filled in. An important part of AMI includes Personnel Inspection (PI) where the Commander checks each cadets’ uniform individually.

“AMI is the most important thing we do all year,” Naval Science Instructor First Sergeant Eric Bowman stated.

The morning started off with PI where each cadet was given a score based on how well they were groomed, if their uniform was worn correctly, and overall how each cadet presented themselves. After PI, all the cadets marched onto the field for a field inspection. The field inspection included a performance from the armed drill team (rifle team) and the unarmed drill team (step team) while parents and staff were invited to watch.

After that the cadets did a Pass in Review, when each of the companies, Alpha Company, First Platoon, Second Platoon, Bravo Company, Third Platoon, and Fourth Platoon, individually pass by Captain Facinelli, Freedom High School’s Captain Theodore Wasylkiw, and Assistant Principal for Administration Thomas Duncan.

“I look forward to seeing you at the next competition.” Captain Facinelli declared in his final remark of the AMI.

Congratulations to Seaman Jake Blair for earning a perfect score on his PI and to the other thirty five cadets for scoring an eight or a nine. Overall, Captain Facinelli was really impressed with the NJROTC unit’s Pass in Review.