She’s The Man

Hanna Seybold is the perfect example of someone with tremendous school spirit. When Seybold is not in class, she is either representing the school soccer team, the cheerleading squad, or the yearbook.

Seybold began playing soccer out of sheer passion. She is a dedicated soccer player that plays for both the school team and a club team. Last year, Seybold received several soccer awards. For high school, she received the honor of offensive MVP and made Western Conference Team National Division. In club soccer, Seybold won the Beau Shenecker award.

“I started soccer because it was something I always loved to do,” Seybold said.

Committed to Robert Morris University for soccer, Seybold has showcased the benefits that result from hard work.

“I chose Robert Morris because I love the coach, it’s Division 1, and when I visited the school, I could really see myself going there,” Seybold said. “I’m looking forward to being a student-athlete. I think it is going to be one of the hardest things I am going to do but I know it’s going to be worth it.”

In addition to soccer, Seybold is also a captain of the cheerleading squad. In 2011, the cheerleading team became regional champions. In 2012, they won Western Conference. In their season competitions, the team boasts a winning record. Seybold enjoys cheerleading for its contrasting elements with soccer.

“My favorite part about cheerleading is [that] soccer is the complete opposite of the two. Cheerleading sometimes reminds me how much I love soccer and cheerleading can give me a break from it…. Ultimately they are both like families to me,” Seybold said.

According to co-captain of the cheerleading squad, Brenna McKeown, Seybold is vital to the team’s success.

“We wouldn’t be the team we are without her. She always gets the team pumped, sometimes to [the point] where we don’t even focus anymore. She is always making us laugh and is a great motivational speaker when it comes to competitions and those practices when the team isn’t doing good,” McKeown said.

Furthermore, Seybold is a member of student government and is the sports editor for the school’s yearbook. When Seybold is not competing in competitions, she shows spirit in other ways.

“I joined SGA because I wanted to get more involved in the school’s spirit events. I wanted to make it fun for everyone to come and support Freedom. We have so much to show spirit for. My favorite part of SGA is increasing school spirit. I love when our school can come together, and that’s what high school should be all about,” Seybold said.

Seybold joined the school yearbook to be a part of a history many will look back on and appreciate.

“Yearbook is something I love. The deadlines are stressful, but in the end it is worth it. I love being a part of something that every student will have and be able to look at in 10 years,” Seybold said.