Creating 3D Art Brings Out Creativity in FHS Students

Jacob Ishak, Staff Writer

There are many creative classes at Freedom High School that go unnoticed. One of those classes is Creating 3-Dimensional (3D) Art. The Creating 3D Art class challenges students to explore their creativity and think outside the box through the creation of 3D objects. One of Freedom High School’s most enthusiastic teachers, Spencer Hensel, teaches Creating 3D Art and is quite popular with students who take the class.

Ben Sajan, an FHS student in Hensel’s Creating 3D Art class, describes him as a, “Very trendy cool guy.”

“Mr. Hensel’s passion for art influences me to perfect my craft. This is a fun class that satisfies my creative mind,” Xavia Smart, another member of Hensel’s class, said.

Grace Tarkington agrees on the effect of the class, saying, “It embraces my artistic ability. Every time I walk in the class I get a big smile on my face.”

Since Creating 3D Art is not your average core class, it has some different aspects to it. Most core and Advanced Placement classes are focused on hard work along with a ton of homework, but when it comes to Creating 3D Art, it is a totally different experience. Students receive a small amount of homework and the class engages everyone.

Sajan compared this class to his other classes and said, “It’s an educational break from my other classes.”

Overall, the class is doing very well and thrives in engaging its students to think outside the box. So if you are thinking of taking a great semester class, consider adding Creating 3D Art to your list and experience it for yourself!