Freedom High School’s New Volleyball Coach

Jacob Ishak and Bryce Colee

Here at Freedom High School there are many sports that people can partake in. The FHS volleyball team is one of them. After Brittany Castelamare, former FHS Girls Volleyball Coach transferred to Steinbrenner, the FHS Girls Volleyball team has been able to find a new Head Coach named Damian Goderich who believed he has a solid team.
I feel like we have a good confident group of girls that are ready to win,” said Goderich.
Aside from coaching, Goderich is also a driver’s education, hope and volleyball teacher here at Freedom High School.
He arrived four weeks ago from Miami, Florida because of a better opportunity for his wife.
“My wife was given an opportunity to expand her business, so we decided to come down here,” said Goderich.
Throughout his years at Miami, he taught physical education and sports medicine as well as teaching at Florida International University. The transfer from Miami to Tampa has been a smooth transition for him.
“I have had a good transition, and the teachers and students are making it a nice one for me,” said Goderich.
When asked how he likes his new home in Tampa, he responded, “So far it’s awesome, the people in Tampa are nicer than in Miami.”
Furthermore, he is ready for the girls’ volleyball team season and has high hopes goals for them this year.
When talking about the goals he has for the Girls Volleyball Team he stated: “I came here to improve the program and win.”
Although this goal may seem simple, it is a challenging task. However, Coach Goderich is prepared and ready to take the girls volleyball team to greater heights and to achieve many victories and bring it home for Freedom High School. So come on out Tuesday, September 13 to support Freedom against Plant High School!