Meet Mr. Nanns

Meet Mr. Nanns

Jacob Ishak, Staff Writer

Mr. Nanns, former seventh grade teacher at Williams Middle School and sponsor of a successful Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) program, is adjusting to his first year at Freedom High School.

“It was a big, big change for me,” Nanns said about his transition to Freedom.

Even though it has been a big change for him to move from middle school to high school, he says that he is having a smooth transition to Freedom even with the responsibilities he has to uphold. Mr. Nanns became the Career and Technology department head as well as director of FBLA. He is also teaching six classes in which he plans to get all his kids certified in a Microsoft program. With this, he plans to make Freedom a district leader in Microsoft and Adobe certifications. With all the things he is working on, Nanns is really enjoying the students and all the faculty.

“The Faculty and students have been really, really, really, really good,” Nanns said.

Mr. Nanns is coming to Freedom with big goals for FBLA. With his journey and transition into Freedom, he brings along with him lots of knowledge to help the FBLA program grow. One of his main goals is to bring twenty kids to states.

“I want to build the Freedom High School FBLA program into a power house at states,” he said.

While all these goals may seem far-fetched, Mr. Nanns is dedicated, prepared, and confident to put in the work and achieve his goals for Freedom High School and its FBLA.