Meet Coach Graham, Freedom Football’s New Head Coach

Bryce Colee, Staff Writer

Floyd Graham joined the Freedom family back in April, taking over the vacant varsity football head coaching job. Coach Graham has a vast amount of coaching experience, coaching high school football in Florida and Alabama for twenty years.

Graham started his coaching career at Durant High School as defensive coordinator from 1996-2003. After that, he then became the head coach at Newsome High School until 2006. Graham then found himself as the head coach at Jensen Beach High School until 2009. Afterwards, he served as head coach at Steinbrenner High School until 2013. Graham’s last stop was the head coaching job at Carroll High school in Ozark, Alabama until he found himself at Freedom in April.

When asked why he came to Freedom, Graham explained that his mom was diagnosed with cancer while he was still coaching at Steinbrenner and the only way to take care of her was to move back home to Alabama. When she lost her battle with cancer, he still owned his house in Florida, so he decided to move back. When he saw there was an opening for a head coach here at Freedom, he decided to take it.

Graham described working with the football team as a fun, yet tough experience. “I like it, it’s a challenge.”

“This is one of the most athletic schools I’ve ever been at. This team just needs to be disciplined because the tools are all here,” Graham added.

Graham sees this football season as a fresh start for Freedom. “My goal is to start the season 7-0 and try to take down Plant in our house.”

The regular season kicks off Friday, August 26th at East Bay, and the first home game is September 16th vs. Spoto.