FHS Seniors Say Goodbye

Anastasiya Sukhenko, Photo Editor and Special Effects

As the school year comes to an end, many seniors describe their feelings as “bitter-sweet.” Despite the stresses and difficulties that a student faces as a high schooler, these years are considered to be a vitally important time in one’s life. It’s a time when relationships and character are developed and the barrier between adolescence and young adulthood is broken. As the final day at Freedom High School approaches for the senior class, some of our Patriots have decided to look back and share their favorite memories as well as some important advice.

Advice to Themselves as a Freshman:

“First, don’t give up on your convictions and what you believe in, no matter what. You won’t regret it. Second, don’t worry about what people think of you, because, honestly, they are just as worried as you are. Third, find an activity or a club that you love and immerse yourself in it. Fourth, work hard; you may not think your grades matter during your freshman year, but they do,” said Senior Gabbi Chiovarelli.

“Continue to push yourself throughout all four years of high school, because in the end it’s worth it,” said Senior Class President Dean LaGattuta.

“Plan ahead with what classes to take and do not leave graduation requirements until senior year. Take classes that go well together and can be built upon,” said Senior Nina Curkovic.

Favorite FHS Memory:

“Some of my favorite memories from each year are during spirit week. I know they don’t have stuff like that in college and it was so fun picking out an outfit for each of the days and seeing how creative some people would get,” said Senior Brooke Rohan.

“My favorite memory was winning the District Championship for tennis for the first time in school history!” said Senior Samvit Iyer.

What they will Miss:

“I think what I’m going to miss the most is being able to see my friends every day. I guess I’ve kind of taken that for granted to be honest with you. It’s crazy to think that everyone is moving on to college and going different places and I won’t be able to see them as often. I’m so used to going to school every day and seeing them, and I can’t believe that I won’t be able to see them every day. It’s bittersweet, because I know we’ll see each other, just not as much as I’m used to. But I guess that makes the time we do get to spend with each other special,” noted Senior Petey Rinard.

“I will definitely miss all the teachers and all the relationships I formed this year. Some of these people have become my best friends and I can’t imagine them not being a part of my life,” said Senior Elizabeth Cheung.

While many seniors are anxious to leave and begin their lives outside of Freedom High School, they will always remember their years as a Freedom student and hopefully can look back at their time with gaiety.