It’s About To Be A Summer To Remember!

Kalee Vandeboe, Advertisment Editor

As the school year winds down, many students are itching to get out and begin the exciting adventures and trips they’re taking for the summer.

“For a week I’m heading to Virginia in July. All my family lives up there, and I can’t wait to see them. I’m going up there to spend time with them and surprise my grandma by singing at her wedding! Every time I go up there it’s so comforting and allows me to escape reality and be with the ones closest to me that I love the most. It’s so relaxing and I can’t wait,” said junior Miranda Lippus.

Senior Sal Luongo stated, “Everyday I’m going to wake up eat some Jersey Mikes, hit the gym, see what the moves are, and DJ a party at night if I’m not in the studio with Tampa Tribe. When I vacay I’m going to LA in July and from LA I’m going on a cruise to Mexico. I’m also going to a Drake and Future concert, Snoop Dog and Wiz Concert and Kodak Black and Lil Uzi concert… Pretty much everyone that comes to Tampa. So Freedom, if you’re having a party I’ll do it for the low just hit me up!”

“So the second week of summer I am volunteering at a summer camp for special needs kids and it is going to be amazing! After, I’m going to go visit family and surprise my grandma since it’s her 70th birthday. Later on in the summer, I’m going on a mission trip for a couple of weeks to help build houses for people whose houses were wrecked in natural disasters,” noted Junior Foster Cleveland.

“For summer I am going to Colombia to visit my family and go rock climbing then we will go horseback riding on the beach. After we will stay in a ranch we have for the weekend, and eat all the delicious foods my great grandma makes. I can’t wait,” exclaimed Freshman Wilmar Guzman.

“Okay well I will be backpacking in New Mexico as part of a boyscout high adventure base called Philmont. It is one of the three camps that make up the scouting “Triple Crown”. The others being Sea Base and Northern Tier. I will be backpacking in the southern country going to staffed camps that reenact different eras. I will be going with venturing crew and a few boy scouts from a nearby troop. Later in summer I will be going to NYLT (National Youth Leadership Training), where i will be teaching scouts from around Florida how to be better leaders and take on responsibility for their future. This will be my 6th course. The theme this year is Harry Potter so all of our classes and instruction will tie into the theme. After that I’m going around with my family to check out possible colleges. When we get back from that it will be time to start band camp in preparation for the 2016 Marching Band season,” said Junior Ben Bryant.

However, some students would rather spend time relaxing and doing eventful things around the Bay area.

Junior Khalil Almutasim said, “Well this summer it’s all about relaxing and just enjoying everyday of it and having fun. I have baseball and various other activities that I have to do to keep me busy and out of trouble but those are things I love. I can’t wait to see what this summer brings me and the places I go . I honestly can’t wait.”

“I’m going to spend my whole break catching some rays at the beach,” said Freshman Jack Whinter.

“I just want to spend the summer relaxing here and going with the flow. This school year has been so hectic and outrageous that I feel like I need some time for myself to chill. I’m most excited to finally be able to sleep in and do as I please. I don’t know I might go somewhere, but we’ll see,” explained Junior Carly McCoy.

Junior Abby Novo said, “Honestly all I’m doing is working!”

Even if you’re staying home and relaxing, or exploring the world, summer is extremely anticipated and can’t come soon enough!!