Battle of the Burritos: Moe’s vs. Chipotle

Food is essential to the life of a student, so it makes sense that a division over the best places to eat in town can quickly turn a friendly conversation to conflict. In particular, the choice of Moe’s or Chipotle can spark some passionate arguments.

“Chipotle all the way. Chipotle is healthier. It’s a question of quantity and quality: Chipotle is quality,” said junior Micki Miller.

Both restaurants offer similar food. Moe’s advertises as a Southwest Grill, campaigning its “Honestly Awesome Food”. Chipotle, “Mexican Grill”, is proud of its “Food with Integrity”.

“[I like] Moe’s because it’s more authentic, and Chipotle’s portions are smaller,” said Michael Munoz-Perez, sophomore.

The most often cited points in the argument of the superior cuisine are taste, price, quantity of individual foods, overall size, nutrition, menu variety, and optional additions.

“Moe’s has more food than Chipotle, and the more food the better. Chipotle doesn’t give chips for free, they don’t have queso, and it’s more expensive,” added Karina Garcia, sophomore.

Chipotle charges extra for guacamole and chips, while Moe’s charges extra for queso and bacon, neither of which are even offered at Chipotle.

“Chipotle doesn’t put enough meat. They put too much rice in their burritos. Moe’s has a perfect amount of beef, rice, and other contents,” said sophomore Evan Castro.

Based on the opinion of many students at Freedom, go for Moe’s for larger portions, better ingredient proportions, and lower prices. Chipotle lovers will boast about the restaurant’s nutrition and flavor.

“Moe’s is disgusting and Chipotle is delicious. I like how they have bowls, and they have some variety,” said sophomore Genevieve Clark.

To portray the subject fairly, it should be noted that not all teenagers are so set in their opinion of the great debate between Moe’s vs. Chipotle. Sometimes, one simple thing will do the trick.

“Moe’s. For the queso,” stated sophomore Alex Ogilbee.